Thursday, September 27, 2007

Another night @ Hume Field...

Tonight I went to the second half of The University of Florida's Women's Rugby team practice. I got there around seven and as soon as I looked on the field I saw ten girls laying in the wet and muddy grass ready to jump on the ball as soon as it was thrown from the coach. By the time I make it up to where they are practicing on the other end of the field I see the girls are covered in grass and sweating from all the physical contact they are doing. There were a lot of girls out there tonight, even more than on Tuesday. Two of the girls that were sick or injured on Tuesday were up and ready for action today. At the end of practice Coach Eric Keys spoke to the team and praised the new girls on how hard they worked in their first day. He went on to explain that everyone will get a chance to play in Saturdays games. Keys said they would be in the best learning environment, just getting out there and playing.

No comments: