Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A new sport... a new experience...


So today I went to the University of Florida's Womens Rugby practice and it really was such a new and eye opening fun experience. The girls on the team are so friendly and open to talking. I interviewed five of the girls and they were so happy to talk with me and explain the sport, their love for the game, and how they handle doing a club sport at UF while staying up with their academics. Four of the girls were either injured or sick and had to sit out of portions of the practice. During practice the girls explained drills to me and why they did them. I never really knew much about rugby but after leaving practice it made me want to come back on Thursday to get more sound and get even deeper into the sport and the girls that love to play it. The coach's are dedicated to helping the girls learn the sport and everyone I spoke to that played couldn't wait to play in the next game Saturday against Florida State.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks from Hawaii for the great UF rugby blog. Give me more--my daughter is on the team and I love reading about it!